7 Ways to Stay Fit and Toned During Winter
Christmas may be over, but winter is still here. And you know what that means…
Lots of snow, dampness, cloudy skies, and just general unpleasantness if you don’t live in places like Arizona, California or Florida. Unfortunately, winter weather makes it pretty difficult to exercise, especially if you can’t go outdoors or don’t have access to a gym.
Don’t Use Winter as an Excuse to Ditch the Exercise
Stay active during winter and you’ll have a hot bod come summer. We’ve got some tips to help you stay fit and toned during winter:
- Did you know that exercising in the cold burns more calories? Why? Because the colder air forces your body to work harder at overcoming some of the body’s natural processes. Your body manages this by burning extra fat. But this also means you have to drink extra water. Remember that when running, walking, or jogging in extremely cold temperatures, you should start small. If you have to stop often to catch your breath, your body temperature will drop rapidly, increasing your risk of catching a cold and sustaining an injury.
- Consider winter hiking. Winter is the perfect time to hit the trails! When it isn’t snowing, that is. The crowds are gone, and you won’t need to battle unbearable heat. It might feel super cold at the trailhead, but your body will generate heat after a few minutes of walking. Don’t forget that the trails might be icy or muddy, so make sure you’re wearing roper shoes.
- Try hot yoga. It’s the perfect escape from the cold, if you can locate a yoga studio in your area. After all, at the end of a long winter day, there is no better way to warm up than by sweating up a storm! While yoga is a physically challenging workout, with each pose demanding your flexibility, strength and balance, the benefits include more lean muscle mass, greater flexibility, and core strength. Be sure to layer up on your way to class!
- Try bodyweight exercises. Bodyweight exercise got its name because your own body provides all the resistance needed to help you get fit. You can address every muscle in your body with hundreds of exercises that can be performed in a small space and adapted for your fitness level. It’s a simple answer to the challenges of weather, time constraints, finances, etc.
- Limit the booze. Cold winter nights may make you want to cuddle up on the couch with a glass or two or three of wine, but this is a sure fire way to derail your weight loss efforts and motivation. Alcohol is incredibly caloric, especially in large quantities, not to mention it gives you hangovers and dehydrates you. Limit yourself to only one or two drinks a week, and instead, drink some herbal tea or low fat hot cocoa.
- Buddy up! Recruit your partner or a friend to be your exercise buddy. Exercising with a partner makes it harder to skip the workout. If you’re in a relationship, working out together is a healthy bonding activity to do together, not to mention a great support system to achieve your goals. Or make a date with a friend or group of friends to work out at the same time every day. The company will make the workout an enjoyable and social event that you won’t want to miss.
- Keep a food journal. We all know that tempting desserts and treats are everywhere during winter. Writing down your meals in a journal every day goes a long way in helping you reach your healthy life goals. Research shows that people who keep a daily diary of their eating and exercise habits are more likely to be successful. They can shed up to twice as much unwanted weight as those who don’t take note of their actions. As well as keeping you focused, your journal will serve as a daily check-in so you can see if your actions are in line with the goals you set for yourself.
When it’s cold and dark outside it’s easy to make excuses not to exercise. The difference between staying motivated in the winter months and gaining those winter pounds is all in your mind. Staying fit and healthy all year round is about making fitness and good nutrition part of your everyday lifestyle.
Add a Medspa Treatment to Your Winter Fitness Journey
Even in winter, if you notice that exercise and diet aren’t producing noticeable results, then you may need a little extra help getting the body you’ve always wanted.
Luckily, there are three med spa procedures that produce amazing results:
Warm up this winter with VelaShape, the only FDA-cleared body contouring device. It effectively and safely contours, shapes and slims the body by reducing cellulite and firming problem areas — all in as little as four treatments.
With VelaShape you can shape and tone during even the coldest months.
VelaShape’s mechanical massage rollers gently knead the area, increasing circulation, encouraging lymphatic drainage and eliminating fat cell byproducts and toxins.
That’s because VelaShape boasts four different components – radiofrequency, infrared light, vacuum suction and mechanical massage. The infrared light and radiofrequency energies allow VelaShape to precisely heat dermal and hypodermal tissue in the treatment area. This heating effect boosts fat cell metabolism and reduces the number and size of fat cells, thereby eliminating cellulite. At the same time, VelaShape’s mechanical massage rollers gently knead the area, increasing circulation, encouraging lymphatic drainage and eliminating fat cell byproducts and toxins. Finally, the vacuum suction technology smooths out dimples by stretching fibrous bands in the epidermis, reducing the appearance of cellulite. The end result of these high-tech applications is a significant reduction in body circumference and cellulite, and smoother, firmer skin.
Science supports VelaShape’s effects. People in clinical trials experienced an average of half an inch to a full three inches of circumferential reduction in treated areas after a series of four treatments. What’s more, their cellulite was reduced by up to 63%. Another clinical study showed that 85% of patients saw their thighs shrink up to three inches!
Get hot this winter with Thermage, a clinically-proven, unique radiofrequency treatment that can firm problem areas on the body. Best of all, only one treatment is needed, and results last up to ten years!
Thermage effects this partly through radiofrequency technology, which produces electrical currents that causes collagen within the skin to contract and gradually reform.
Thermage can keep you tight even during the darkest days. Thermage works from the inside out. It transfers heat to the epidermis, which not only encourages collagen production, but also tightens existing collagen. Thermage effects this partly through radiofrequency technology, which produces electrical currents that causes collagen within the skin to contract and gradually reform. This is why most individuals experience dramatic tightening and smoothing of the skin over the six months following treatment. Since the outer layers of the skin are unaffected, there is almost no recovery time involved.
You’ll need only one Thermage treatment to reap all the benefits of its innovative technology. During the several months following treatment, you’ll see dramatically tighter, firmer, and smoother skin.
Summer will be here soon enough, and let Zerona help you get in shape. Zerona is a cutting-edge body contouring procedure that effectively removes excess fat without any negative side effects. It emulsifies fat, enabling patients to lose inches from their waist, hips, and thighs.
the cold laser technology’s low-level laser stimulation exclusively releases the cellular contents of fat cells while leaving the capillaries and other cells within the interstitial space intact
How does Zerona work? Zerona utilizes cold laser technology, which emulsifies fat and allows it to move to interstitial space. More specifically, the cold laser technology’s low-level laser stimulation exclusively releases the cellular contents of fat cells while leaving the capillaries and other cells within the interstitial space intact. By disrupting the cell’s membrane, the cell then releases its fat contents. Once the fat contents are released, the body’s lymphatic system absorbs it. Basically, Zerona procedures cause fat cells to shrink, resulting in a loss of inches on areas such as your waist.
Zerona might use cold laser technology, but it leaves you looking hot, hot, hot! Zerona treatments are so effective that most patients experience an average loss of 3.64 inches on their waist, hips, buttocks and thighs in a matter of weeks. Some patients even witness a nine inch circumferential reduction after their first series of treatments, and results can be seen in as little as fourteen days.
Partner with LaserAway This Winter to Get a Super Hot Bod!
If you want a rockin’ bod, look no further. LaserAway offers the most service options of any national skincare provider. Our staff is highly trained, experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures, and we only use innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. Our aim is to make your experience with us comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. If you would like to set up a free, no obligation consultation, please email us at LaserAway.net or call us at (888) 965-2737. We look forward to your business!